We start in-person classes on Monday, August 17th, and we could not be more excited. This semester we will be offering private voice & piano lessons, Studio Singers, playwriting, & performance class. It is not too late to join in if you have not already registered for class. We are also very excited to announce that this semester we will be doing a Studio Showcase on December 5th at The Palace! Look for more information on how you or your kiddo can participate in the coming weeks!
Over the past few months, we have had some discussions about the COVID risks involved with in-person lessons, especially voice lessons. The only zero risk scenario is having lessons online, which any of our students are welcome to do. Although we cannot eliminate risk, we are trying to minimize risk in the following ways:
1. All teachers and students will wear masks when a distance of at least 6 ft cannot be maintained.
2. All students and family members will wear masks when they enter the studio and sanitize their hands upon entering. Only one additional family member may enter the studio with a student.
3. We will have two pianos for each of our piano teachers. This will help provide some distance, and also ensure that students and teachers do not have to use the same piano at the same time. Piano students and teachers will wear masks.
4. Piano keys, door knobs, and music stands will be sanitized in between students.
5. Voice teachers and voice students will wear masks when a distance of at least 10 ft cannot be maintained. We will measure ahead of time and have a spot marked for you to stand in.
6. Students will enter through the northeast (theatre) door and exit from the northwest or east door so that we don't have any traffic jams.
7. If you are running a fever, or if you or a family member is ill, please do not come in. Private lessons may be taken online for that week(s).
8. If a teacher is running a fever, or has a family member that is ill, lessons will be taken online for that week(s). We will notify students as early as we can if that is the case.
We will be asking all of our in-person students to sign a health waiver this year.
It is our plan to continue with in-person lessons unless the City of Duncan, or the state mandates another closure. We are not anticipating that happening, but we have prepared our group class curricula this semester in such a way that we will be able to continue easily if we have to move to Zoom. If at any time you feel uncomfortable coming in, you may opt to take your private lesson online.
These are crazy times, but I feel so blessed and happy that we can continue teaching. I have a great feeling about this year, and I know we are all going to grow in wonderful and unexpected ways.
Thank you for taking this journey with us! We love being able to serve you.
Take a journey out of the zoo and onto the stage with your favorite crack-a-lackin’ friends from the blockbuster DreamWorks film.
Alex the lion is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York's Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends — Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe and Gloria the hippo — have spent their whole lives in blissful captivity before an admiring public and with regular meals provided for them. Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty lets his curiosity get the better of him and makes his escape — with the help of some prodigious penguins — to explore the world.
Filled with outlandish characters, adventure galore and an upbeat score, Madagascar JR. will leave you and your family with no choice but to “Move It, Move It!”
Madagascar is a production of Hodgson Studio and cast entirely with our students! Madagascar shows at the following times: