Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama
Private Voice & Piano Lesson Policies 2020-2021
1. Tuition is billed monthly, on the first day of the month in advance. All tuition is paid via autopay. For payments that are declined (we will make three attempts) a $25 will be added to your account.
2. There is a thirty-five dollar ($35) yearly registration fee per family.
3. Lessons will be billed in the following way:
Veronica Hodgson, voice
30 minute lessons $85/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($425/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $35/individual lesson
55 minute lessons $170/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($850/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $60/individual lesson
Matthew Dean, voice & piano
30 minute lessons $80/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($400/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $30/individual lesson
55 minute lessons $160/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($800/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $54/individual lesson
Cara Peyton, voice
30 minute lessons $65/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($325/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $25/individual lesson
55 minute lessons $130/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($650/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $44/individual lesson
Lillie Hodgson, piano apprentice
30 minute lessons $40/month for 5 months Aug-Dec & Jan-May ($200/semester) 16 lessons total (32 for the year). $15/individual lesson
4. Missed/Cancelled Lessons: It is the student’s responsibility to attend class at his/her appointed time. Students will receive one “free” cancellation per semester (for any reason), and receive one (1) makeup lesson per semester. After that, missed lessons will be forfeit. Exceptions may be given in the case of extended illness, death of a family member, etc., but will be dealt with on a case by case basis. For students paying for individual lessons, rather than by the semester, 48 hours notice of cancellation is required, otherwise the student will be charged for the lesson. A student may temporarily switch lessons with another student, with permission from that student, and teacher notification. Students are responsible for the logistics of any lesson switches.
5. Makeup Lessons: Teachers will schedule one day per month for makeup lessons. Students must take their makeup lessons on one of the assigned days.
6. Teacher Cancellation: For semester students, if a teacher has to cancel a lesson, students may sign up for a lesson time on one of the scheduled makeup days, or at a mutually convenient time. Students who are paying by the individual lesson may choose to have a make-up lesson, or to have a monetary credit carry through to the next month. If your teacher is unable to attend a lesson, Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama reserves the right to provide a qualified substitute teacher.
7. Private Lessons: There is generally a waiting list for private voice lessons. Students who consistently miss lessons (with or without notice), or are consistently ill-prepared for lessons, may lose their private lesson spot so that a student on the waiting list may have it.
8. Commitment: Students billed on the semester tuition system commit to finishing the entire semester of lessons. Students who drop their lessons for any reason over the course of the semester, will retroactively be charged the higher individual lesson rate for lessons already given. This amount will be charged through autopay in the next billing cycle. Should a student drop lessons for any reason during the course of the semester, 30 days notice is required. Refunds WILL NOT be issued for missed/canceled lessons.
9. Photo Release: Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama occasionally takes photographs and videos at lessons and events to use in promotional materials and for educational purposes. Permission is hereby granted to Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama to use images and/or sound recordings of the enrolled student in brochures, websites, social media, videos, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama creates. Permission is also hereby granted for Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama to copyright such images and sound recordings in its name. Those students who do not wish to have their photos/videos taken and used as stated above, must submit that request in letter form to be kept in the student’s file.
10. Class Material/Photocopies: Students will purchase all copyrighted materials needed for private lessons. Many of these materials can be purchased online at www.musicnotes.com, www.amazon.com, www.sheetmusicplus.com, www.jwpepper.com, or many other sites. Occasionally, students will be permitted to borrow books from Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama. Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama will use photocopies of materials that are in the public domain, and when use of copies is not in violation of copyright laws.
11. Duncan Public Schools: For continuity for students and parents, we follow the holiday calendar of Duncan Public Schools. Generally speaking, if DPS is out of school for a holiday, the Studio will close as well.
12. Bad Weather: When driving conditions around the Studio appear dangerous due to weather, our policy is to move lessons online for that day. Additionally, when Duncan Public Schools close because of weather, it is our policy to close our building as well. We will move classes online.
13. Recitals/Festivals/Contests/Showcases: Students will have the opportunity to perform in a least one (1) studio recital per year. Family and friends are all invited and encouraged to attend. Students should wear their “Sunday best” for performances, unless costumes or coordinating clothing have been assigned. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to participate in local & regional festivals, competitions, auditions, and concerts as those events become available. Please note that there may be additional fees associated with participation in these performances. Tickets may also be required for audience members.
14. COVID-19: Singing is an activity which may create a greater risk of transmission of COVID-19. The protection of our students and employees is of paramount importance to us. Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama reserves the right to require face shields, masks, or both for students, parents, and audience members. Further, Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama reserves the right to move all private lessons & classes to an online format, should prudence dictate.
I have read and agree to abide by the policies of Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama. I agree to pay Hodgson Studio of Music & Drama the established tuition and fees in full, either in one payment or through monthly installments.